BluTest's Current Biofilm Testing Capabilities
- MBIC (Minimum Biofilm Inhibitory Concentration)
- Biofilm LD50 and LD90 Determinations
- Biofilm Inhibition Assay
- Established and Validated Biofilm Inhibition or Disruption Assay for Wound Dressings
- Multi-species Biofilm Testing Platform
- Product Development
- BluTest’s high quality biofilm testing model allows clients to test the antimicrobial efficacy of their products against microbial biofilms using a validated high-throughput testing platform. The assays are highly flexible and can be adapted to support the growth of different biofilm-forming microorganisms on 24, 96 and 384 well plates. Cell viability after treatment with the desired anti-microbial is then measured using a reliable metabolic assay.
WHY TEST AGAINST BIOFILM
- Biofilms are of significant importance in medicine, dentistry, food processing, water supplies and industrial processes. As biofilms are inherently resistant to currently used anti-microbials, the requirement for new and improved antibiotics, disinfectants and detergents is of chief concern.
- BluTest can aid the discovery and improvement of anti-microbials by combining biofilm testing technology with expert product development knowledge and experience.
Existing Biofilm Testing Panel
Microorganism Biofilm related problem
Candida albicans Medical devices
Pseudomonas aeruginosa Mucosal diseases, Water systems, Dentistry
Staphylococcus aureus Wound contamination, Medical devices
Staphylococcus epidermidis Wound contamination
More information on biofilms can be sourced from: Are we any closer to beating the biofilm?: Novel methods of biofilm control.