Biocide ( Disinfectant ) Efficacy Testing
BluTest conducts biocide efficacy testing to European Standards, including tests against viruses, bacteria, fungi and mycobacteria, performed to CEN TC 216 phase 1, phase 2 (suspension tests and surface tests) and phase 3 (in use trials).
A variety of standard (and modified standard) tests are available for General Institutional and Domestic, Veterinary and Medical applications, including EN 1276, EN 1650, EN 1656, EN 1657, EN 13727, EN 13624, EN 13697, EN 13704, EN 14348, EN 14476, EN 14675, EN 14561, EN 14562, EN 14563, EN 1499 and EN 1500 to support both regulatory and marketing requirements for biocidal products.
- We test against a wide variety of standard and non-standard (culture collection sourced) microbial strains.
- EN standards can be modified for microorganism strain tested and test conditions to suit your needs.
- GMP validation for disinfectants.
- We also perform microbiology testing to a range of standards provided for this purpose by OECD, ISO, AOAC and ASTM.
- Not only do we offer testing standards, we are actively involved in designing them too.
To enhance laboratory data, we have developed extensive experience in the design and project management of trials (CEN phase 3) on infection control and prevention, with leading global experts, relevant stakeholders, Scottish NHS and governmental support. The very high quality, compactness and independence of the Scottish Health System makes this a great environment to perform studies on the effectiveness of your infection control technology with world-wide recognition.
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredit EN 1276, EN 1650, EN 13697 and EN 14476 under ISO 17025. UKAS accreditation number 4597.